3rd International Conference
The conference will be a venue for bringing together scholars, writers, language teachers, researchers and other practitioners from around the world to discuss issues pertaining the role of Filipino as a global language. Participants can be teachers, researchers, program administrators/coordinators and other practitioners who are directly involved in the promotion and nurturing of the Filipino language, literature and culture. This first conference is geared towards establishing a tradition of scholarly meetings of this kind among practitioners in the field of Filipino language, literature and culture studies.
To provide a venue for the exchange of ideas among teachers, researchers, program administrators, writers, and other agencies involved in the promotion and nurturing of the Filipino language and culture for the purpose of:
- Describing/sharing existing state-of-the-art programs
- Identifying program needs as well as available resources
- Sharing ideas, research results, resources, assessment tools, and practices on teaching, program administration, and language promotion
- Fostering cooperation, and collaboration in doing research
- Raising consciousness on the importance of the national language to minimize regionalism and